Graña y Montero SAA on Tuesday announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding with Odebrecht Latinvest, and that Graña y Montero Group will participate in the construction of a gas pipeline in Peru.
Graña y Montero will join with a 20 percent stake in the shareholder equity of Concesionaria Gasoducto Sur Peruano SA.
Concesionaria Gasoducto Sur Peruano SA is responsible for the design, construction and operation of the pipeline that will bring natural gas to the southern region of Peru, including the provinces of Cuzco, Arequipa, Puno and Moquegua.
The Group’s agreement represents an approximate investment of $215 million.
Graña y Montero CEO Mario Alvarado Pflucker said that the investment will generate new contracts for the group of approximately $1 billion.
“Participating in the construction of the Southern Gas Pipeline -- which is one of the most important infrastructure projects under execution in Peru -- is in line with Graña y Montero’s strategy, and it will allow us to increase our know-how and gain presence as a regional player,” Pflucker said. “Therefore, this is an opportunity that will allow us to face the challenges that arise in the future, thinking about the group and in the more than 40,000 families that comprise it.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Grana y Montero ?
Next time we write about Grana y Montero, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UATP: Partners With EBANX To Address Growing Latin American Market Payment Needs
- DUNKIN' BRANDS: Announces Francisco "Pancho" Gonzalez As New Regional Vice President, Latin America & Caribbean
- BLADEX: Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A. (NYSE: BLX) cordially invites you to participate in its Third Quarter 2019 Earnings Conference Call
- FITBIT: Launches in Peru
- LATINFINANCE: Appoints Daniel Bases as Managing Editor
- HEMP TECHNOLOGY INC.: Ramps Up its Operations in Latin America
- REVELO: Raises $15m Series B to help companies source and screen knowledge workers in LatAm
- CALA ENTERPRISES: Singer/Songwriter Erika Ender receives Philanthropy Award from the Ismael Cala Foundation
- CAYE INTERNATIONAL BANK: Chaired by Joel Nagel Named Best Offshore Private Bank in Latin America for 2019
- AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES To Expand Presence in Latin America By Acquiring Exceda