Thomas Messer has been selected to lead regional aviation services in Latin America for Willis Group Holdings, the company announced Thursday.
According to the company's global CEO John Rooley, Latin America is one of the fastest-growing aviation regions in the world.
"Our clients in Latin America are increasingly looking for more sophisticated risk management solutions," Rooley said. "Thomas, with the support of Willis’ local offices and our global risk and insurance capabilities, will focus on servicing our clients in the region – particularly large corporate accounts.”
Messer has worked with Willis since 2002, and prior to this appointment he had worked with many Latin American clients. In his new role, Messer will be tasked with insurance and risk management services for airlines, aerospace companies, airports and other aviation entities.
“The aviation sector in Latin America is enjoying exponential growth," Messer said. "Airline capacity in markets across the region, for example, has grown between 5 and 10 percent year-on-year for the past several years. As the population expands, and more and more people choose to travel by air, this growth will continue, provided the infrastructure is there to support it. But as the sector expands, new risks are emerging. And these require innovative and tailor-made approaches to risk management.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Willis Group Holdings ?
Next time we write about Willis Group Holdings, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference