Oracle said last week that it plans to open a new data center in Brazil in August as part of its commitment to help Latin American companies embrace cloud computing.
The new facility will be located in Campinas, São Paulo, and will support growing demand for Oracle’s comprehensive cloud portfolio. The data center was designed to help customers embrace Oracle Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) applications that have social, mobile and analytic capabilities to help customers deliver services to customers.
“This new data center in Brazil signals our commitment to helping companies in Latin America fully embrace cloud computing, modernize their business and become the leaders in their industry,” Oracle CEO Mark Hurd said. “This is great news for our customers throughout Latin America who are ready to capitalize on the region’s growing economy and take advantage of the unlimited possibilities cloud computing offers.”
Oracle Cloud supports more than 33 billion transactions worldwide daily. The new data center in Latin America brings Oracle’s computing footprint to 19 data centers worldwide. Having a data center in Brazil will enable Oracle to better manage the service-level objectives and data governance for customers throughout Latin America.
The system environment at the data center in Brazil was built using Oracle Engineered Systems to provide customers with high performance and secure cloud services.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Oracle Corporation ?
Next time we write about Oracle Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CITI: Celebrates Its 14th Annual Global Community Day with 110,000 Citi Volunteers in More Than 400 Cities Around the World
- THE WORLD BANK: New Project to Strengthen the Social Protection System in Honduras to Benefit More than 240,000 Families Living in Extreme Poverty
- ISMAEL CALA FOUNDATION: Ismael Cala Foundation signs alliance with Samsung to expand educational programs in Latin America
- FREEDONIA GROUP: How to Solve Latin America's E-Commerce Problem
- HEMISPHERE MEDIA: Group's Cable Network Pasiones to Launch Nationally on Spectrum
- Hughes JUPITER System Selected by Speedcast to Power Cellular Backhaul and Enterprise Services Across Central America
- PepsiCo Announces Senior Leadership Appointments
- PTC to Expand Product Portfolio in Latin America with WAYLIVRA
- GALVANIZE AND MONTERREY DIGITAL HUB PARTNER To Develop Digital Talent in Mexico
- South America emerges as prime expansion target for Calgary oil and gas firms