Ecopetrol S.A. recently reported that Fitch Ratings has affirmed its foreign and local currency hold Issuer Default Ratings of BBB and BBB+.
"Ecopetrol's ratings reflect its strong financial profile and improving production levels,” Fitch said in its report. “Ecopetrol's recently revised growth strategy and associated capex plan are considered adequate for the company's credit quality and cash flow generation ability. Ecopetrol is expected to maintain a financial and credit profile consistent with the assigned rating."
Simultaneously, Fitch has affirmed the company's national scale short and long-term ratings of F1+(col) and AAA(col). The rating outlook for all ratings is stable.
“Ecopetrol's relatively sizable reserves, stable production levels and dominant domestic market share allow the company to generate consistently strong cash flows from operations and meet its obligations in a timely manner," Fitch said in its report.
The full report is available at www.fitchratings.com
Ecopetrol, largest company in Colombia, is an integrated oil and gas company that is among the top 40 oil companies in the world and among the top four oil companies in Latin America. It generates over 60 percent of the national production in Colombia and it has exploration and production activities in Brazil, Peru, the United States and Angola.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Carrizosa family continues to fight injustice from Granahorrar bank seizure 20 years ago
- Son of Granahorrar's "architect" opens up about father's life
- Citigroup's Latin American strategy nets rewards entering 2019
- Industrial mining services provider Metso to acquire HighService Service
- Duque belives science and technology will create positive economic path for Colombia
- Paraguay tells investors its economy is more stable than regional neighbors
- Forbes Magazine lists South America’s 10 Most Customer-Focused Companies
- Report details projections for The Carbon Nanomaterials Market in South America
- Latin America's venture capital investment booms in 2018
- China's president visits Panama to strengthen fledgling alliance