RISI on June 17 announced that it has named Suzano Chief Executive Officer Walter Schalka its 2015 Latin American CEO of the Year, as selected by a group of investment analysts and portfolio managers covering the Latin American and global pulp and paper industry.
Schalka will receive the award at the Latin American Conference on Aug. 18 in São Paulo, Brazil.
"He [Schalka] changed the company's culture to a cost/profitability focus, completed the Maranhão project and has been able to deleverage the company,” an analyst said. “This strategy has benefited both workers and shareholders."
Another analyst said Schalka was chosen for his capability to overcome hardships, how he changes his company’s strategy, and improvement he made in the organizational environment.
RISI's Latin American CEO of the Year Award was first presented in 2007. RISI organizes four regional CEO awards each year for Europe, Asia, Latin America and North America. The winners of each area are presented at the regional RISI conferences. RISI's Latin American Conference will feature presentations from industry leaders and experts, who will give their outlooks for key segments of the Latin American and global forest products industry.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about RISI ?
Next time we write about RISI, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Carrizosa family continues to fight injustice from Granahorrar bank seizure 20 years ago
- Son of Granahorrar's "architect" opens up about father's life
- Citigroup's Latin American strategy nets rewards entering 2019
- Industrial mining services provider Metso to acquire HighService Service
- Duque belives science and technology will create positive economic path for Colombia
- Paraguay tells investors its economy is more stable than regional neighbors
- Forbes Magazine lists South America’s 10 Most Customer-Focused Companies
- Report details projections for The Carbon Nanomaterials Market in South America
- Latin America's venture capital investment booms in 2018
- China's president visits Panama to strengthen fledgling alliance