Gruma-Mission Foods recently signed an agreement with Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Texas to create an academic center to study and evaluate relations involving Mexico, Texas and the United States.
"Today, Gruma-Mission Foods is contributing $4 million dollars to the creation of The Mission Foods Texas-Mexico Center, whose fundamental objective is to discuss and improve the strategic relationships between Mexico, Texas and the United States,” Gruma President and CEO Juan Gonzalez Moreno said.Mareno signed the agreement with SMU President Gerald Turner.
The Mission Foods Texas-Mexico Center will use research, annual conferences and public forums to strengthen bilateral relationships. The center will also allow students from SMU’s Edwin L. Cox School of Business to develop ties with companies on both sides of the border and contribute to the center’s research initiatives.
"Through this initiative, we would like to stress our conviction that working together in good faith is the most effective path toward finding solutions to common problems and the best way of creating more and better opportunities for the progress of individuals and companies," Moreno said.
The center’s research programs will include collaboration with higher education institutes in Mexico and their results will be available in academic publications, reports and white papers.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Gruma-Mission Foods ?
Next time we write about Gruma-Mission Foods, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Antoni Lelo De Larrea Venture Partners held a first close of $73 million
- 1,000 Yucatán businesses schedule black-out protest against tariff hike
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market