Benjamin Alvarez has been named chief financial officer of Grupo TMM, a Mexican maritime transportation and logistics company.
Alvarez replaces Carlos Mendez, who will continue working with the company in a different capacity. Alvarez has more than 18 years of professional experience. Before joining Grupo TMM, he spent 11 years as infrastructure finance and corporate banking director for Scotiabank in Mexico. In that role, he worked with many clients in the oil, gas, automotive and financial industries, as well as clients in the public sector. Prior to working with Scotiabank, he served in various roles at the Comision Nacional Bancaria y de Valores and at Banamex.
Alvarez earned his Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Finance degrees from the Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico. He is a member of the Mexican Institute of Finance Executives and a finance professor at the Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey.
Grupo TMM is based in Mexico City.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Grupo TMM ?
Next time we write about Grupo TMM, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference