Payment leader Visa launched Visa Checkout for online shopping in Brazil Friday.
The online checkout offering enables customers to buy items quicker from any electronic device, and 96 percent of users consider this new service to be the most-secure way to make a payment over the Internet.
Futebolcard, the Brazilian service that sells tickets to soccer fans for soccer games, is the first seller to use Visa Checkout.
“In an increasingly digital world, people are spending more and more time browsing, shopping and paying on their mobile devices,” Percival Jatoba, vice president, products, Visa do Brasil, said. “As screens get smaller, it’s more important than ever that shoppers are able to make fast, easy payments in just a few clicks."
Jatoba also says that U.S. customers trust Visa when making payments.
"In the United States, shoppers made purchases more often when using Visa Checkout compared to customers using other payment options. With this streamlined approach to payments, merchants and financial institutions see higher conversion rates which ultimately brings new customers and drives higher sales. We are excited to bring these benefits to our clients and customers across Brazil.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Visa Inc ?
Next time we write about Visa Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- South America emerges as prime expansion target for Calgary oil and gas firms
- Abraaj acquisition by Colony Capital expected to close this quarter
- Argentine companies try to avoid layoffs as they seek ways to cut costs
- China's now investing $18 billion annually in Latin America
- Awards celebrate Latin America’s most outstanding EdTech startups
- One-third of Mexico's small businesses report being victims of crime
- Carrizosa family continues to fight injustice from Granahorrar bank seizure 20 years ago
- Son of Granahorrar's "architect" opens up about father's life
- Citigroup's Latin American strategy nets rewards entering 2019
- Industrial mining services provider Metso to acquire HighService Service