Argentina's Ministry of Health authorized bio-pharmaceutical company Mediwound Ltd. to market and distribute NexoBrid®, which removes dead or damaged tissue from adults with thermal burns, Thursday.
"We are delighted NexoBrid will soon be available to treat patients in Argentina who are afflicted with severe burns and who are mainly treated at a few specialized burn centers," Gal Cohen, president and CEO of MediWound, said. "This approval is in line with our strategy to expand the reach of NexoBrid to emerging markets with a focus in Latin America, Asia Pacific and CIS."
Clinical studies conducted on NexoBrid show that the product debrides burn wounds earlier than the current standard of care, significantly reducing the number and extent of surgical excisions and autografting.
NexoBrid also removes dead or damaged tissue in four hours without harming the surrounding healthy tissues and is now available commercially in Europe and Israel.
For more information, visit www.mediwound.com.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about MediWound Ltd ?
Next time we write about MediWound Ltd, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HEMISPHERE MEDIA: Group's Cable Network Pasiones to Launch Nationally on Spectrum
- Hughes JUPITER System Selected by Speedcast to Power Cellular Backhaul and Enterprise Services Across Central America
- PepsiCo Announces Senior Leadership Appointments
- PTC to Expand Product Portfolio in Latin America with WAYLIVRA
- GALVANIZE AND MONTERREY DIGITAL HUB PARTNER To Develop Digital Talent in Mexico
- South America emerges as prime expansion target for Calgary oil and gas firms
- Abraaj acquisition by Colony Capital expected to close this quarter
- Argentine companies try to avoid layoffs as they seek ways to cut costs
- China's now investing $18 billion annually in Latin America
- Awards celebrate Latin America’s most outstanding EdTech startups