CTD Holdings, Inc., a family of biotechnology growth companies, said on Tuesday that it will ship an additional 608 vials of Trappsol Cyclo to the government of Brazil under a five-year business relationship.
Trappsol Cyclo is being developed for the treatment of Niemann-Pick Type C, a rare and fatal disease found primarily in children. It is being used as an investigational new drug for the treatment of NPC in the United States, Europe and Brazil. Trappsol Cyclo is the only commercial product to hold Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency as a treatment for NPC.
CTD has an exclusive supplier agreement with the government of Brazil. It supplies to the country through its exclusive distribution partner UnoHealthcare, based in Miami, Florida.
"We are grateful to be able to supply Brazilian NPC patients with Trappsol Cyclo," CTD President and CEO Jeffrey Tate said. "Our exclusive agreement with UnoHealthcare for distribution in Brazil has been instrumental in getting this product in the hands of physicians for the benefit of their NPC patients."
CTD will have supplied nearly 5,000 vials of liquid Trappsol Cyclo and more than 170 kg of powdered first-generation product to the government in Brazil for treatment of NPC after the delivery is completed. CTD has been supplying Trappsol Cyclo to Brazil for treatment of NPC since 2010.
- CITI: Celebrates Its 14th Annual Global Community Day with 110,000 Citi Volunteers in More Than 400 Cities Around the World
- THE WORLD BANK: New Project to Strengthen the Social Protection System in Honduras to Benefit More than 240,000 Families Living in Extreme Poverty
- ISMAEL CALA FOUNDATION: Ismael Cala Foundation signs alliance with Samsung to expand educational programs in Latin America
- FREEDONIA GROUP: How to Solve Latin America's E-Commerce Problem
- HEMISPHERE MEDIA: Group's Cable Network Pasiones to Launch Nationally on Spectrum
- Hughes JUPITER System Selected by Speedcast to Power Cellular Backhaul and Enterprise Services Across Central America
- PepsiCo Announces Senior Leadership Appointments
- PTC to Expand Product Portfolio in Latin America with WAYLIVRA
- GALVANIZE AND MONTERREY DIGITAL HUB PARTNER To Develop Digital Talent in Mexico
- South America emerges as prime expansion target for Calgary oil and gas firms