UNOPS and the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (BCIE) recently signed a cooperation framework agreement to assist the effective and transparent implementation of development projects in the region.
BCIE is headquartered in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, with offices throughout Central America. The BCIE was initially founded in 1960 by Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
The new agreement will improve the capacity of BCIE member countries to effectively design, implement and manage public projects as well as public-private partnership initiatives.
BCIE Executive Vice-President Alejandro Rodríguez and UNOPS Executive Director Grete Faremo signed the agreement in Tegucigalpa.
"This type of partnership, with key players such as UNOPS, will enable us to be more effective and improve our impact in terms of development," Rodríguez said. "This partnership will allow us to better work with member countries in the implementation of programs and projects."
The signing of the agreement took place during the first leg of a regional visit by Faremo.
"This agreement marks a new period in the 20-year collaboration between UNOPS and the BCIE," Faremo said. "Combining the experience and knowledge of the BCIE with UNOPS expertise in implementation, we can help build a better world, fight inequality and promote sustainable development for all."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UATP: Partners With EBANX To Address Growing Latin American Market Payment Needs
- DUNKIN' BRANDS: Announces Francisco "Pancho" Gonzalez As New Regional Vice President, Latin America & Caribbean
- BLADEX: Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A. (NYSE: BLX) cordially invites you to participate in its Third Quarter 2019 Earnings Conference Call
- FITBIT: Launches in Peru
- LATINFINANCE: Appoints Daniel Bases as Managing Editor
- HEMP TECHNOLOGY INC.: Ramps Up its Operations in Latin America
- REVELO: Raises $15m Series B to help companies source and screen knowledge workers in LatAm
- CALA ENTERPRISES: Singer/Songwriter Erika Ender receives Philanthropy Award from the Ismael Cala Foundation
- CAYE INTERNATIONAL BANK: Chaired by Joel Nagel Named Best Offshore Private Bank in Latin America for 2019
- AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES To Expand Presence in Latin America By Acquiring Exceda