Mexican steelmaker TYASA recently began construction on a new steel facility near Orizaba, Veracruz, that will capable of churning out 500,000 tons of sheet steel on behalf of Castrip, a joint venture of Nucor Corporation, BlueScope Steel of Australia and IHI Corporation.
The finished materials will be produced largely to supply the local construction and manufacturing markets.
"We are very pleased to welcome TYASA to the Castrip family of licensees," Castrip President Frank Fisher said. "TYASA has a long history of adapting new technologies to feed its entrepreneurial spirit and fuel its growth. Their proven track record of commercial and technical excellence gives us great confidence that TYASA is the right partner to help exploit and expand the Castrip UCS
(ultra-thin cast strip)
Castrip specializes in UCS steel, as well as super-thin, high-strength sheet steel. The new twin roll casting and rolling plant will make use of TYASA's high-efficiency Quantum furnace to create the products. Siemens and IHI will supply additional equipment for the facility.
TYASA will be the first Castrip licensee outside of the U.S., joining two Nucor facilities in Crawfordsville, Indiana and Blytheville, Arkansas.
The facility is expected to be up and running in early 2017.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about TYASA ?
Next time we write about TYASA, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CITI: Celebrates Its 14th Annual Global Community Day with 110,000 Citi Volunteers in More Than 400 Cities Around the World
- THE WORLD BANK: New Project to Strengthen the Social Protection System in Honduras to Benefit More than 240,000 Families Living in Extreme Poverty
- ISMAEL CALA FOUNDATION: Ismael Cala Foundation signs alliance with Samsung to expand educational programs in Latin America
- FREEDONIA GROUP: How to Solve Latin America's E-Commerce Problem
- HEMISPHERE MEDIA: Group's Cable Network Pasiones to Launch Nationally on Spectrum
- Hughes JUPITER System Selected by Speedcast to Power Cellular Backhaul and Enterprise Services Across Central America
- PepsiCo Announces Senior Leadership Appointments
- PTC to Expand Product Portfolio in Latin America with WAYLIVRA
- GALVANIZE AND MONTERREY DIGITAL HUB PARTNER To Develop Digital Talent in Mexico
- South America emerges as prime expansion target for Calgary oil and gas firms