Brazil Minerals has hired Gisele Souza as the vice president of administration for the company's operations in Montes Claros.
Souza is a dual U.S. and Brazillian citizen who is fluent in English and Portugese. She will be the company's mediator between its sand, mortar and mining operations in the Minas Gerais region and local government, regulators and local businesses. She will also handle sand and mortar sales, regulatory filings and human resources for Brazil Minerals subsidiaries, the company said.
“I studied and worked in Massachusetts and Ms. Souza, being brought up in that state, has the New Englander 'can-do' attitude," Brazil Minerals CEO Marc Fogassa said. "She operates with the U.S.-style entrepreneurship that I want in our local culture. Her full-time presence in Montes Claros and the mining and mortar operations is highly positive for BMIX."
Souza worked with the company for a month prior to being offered her new position. Before joining Brazil Minerals, she worked in the transportation and finance sectors and earned a law degree from Univali in Santa Catarina, Brazil.
Brazil Minerals is a U.S. holding company dealing with Brazilian diamond, gold, and sand mining companies, as well as a mortar business.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brazil Minerals Inc ?
Next time we write about Brazil Minerals Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- South America emerges as prime expansion target for Calgary oil and gas firms
- Abraaj acquisition by Colony Capital expected to close this quarter
- Argentine companies try to avoid layoffs as they seek ways to cut costs
- China's now investing $18 billion annually in Latin America
- Awards celebrate Latin America’s most outstanding EdTech startups
- One-third of Mexico's small businesses report being victims of crime
- Carrizosa family continues to fight injustice from Granahorrar bank seizure 20 years ago
- Son of Granahorrar's "architect" opens up about father's life
- Citigroup's Latin American strategy nets rewards entering 2019
- Industrial mining services provider Metso to acquire HighService Service