Metso, a Finnish company involved in the mining, aggregates and processing industries, opened a new technology center in Arequipa, Peru, in early October to support its customers in Latin America.
Officials report that the new technology center is already fully operational and working closely with Metso's key customers in the region. The facility in Arequipa will employ more than 70 experts to service the needs of the South American market.
"With the Arequipa technology center, the delivery time for results to our customers and the costs of testing will reduce,” Roberto Valle, general manager, technology, Peru, performance services business line, Metso, said. “Also the technology center complements Metso's local offering to our customers in the region, enabling us to optimize our customer operations locally."
The Arequipa technology center is only the latest in a series of expansions for the company. In addition to
facilities throughout the United States and Mexico, they have nearly 50 service centers for its customers. Before the end of the year, Metso also plans on opening another service center in Labrador City in Canada.
The company currently employs approximately 13,000 industry experts worldwide.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Metso ?
Next time we write about Metso, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders