Bruker announced Thursday five orders for ultra-high field (UHF) nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy systems from Europe and Brazil in recent months.
These UHF systems have been funded for cutting-edge NMR research in structural biology, intrinsically disordered proteins, membrane proteins, macro-molecular complexes and interactions, cell biology, disease research, as well as in advanced materials research.
Bruker defines UHF as NMR systems with 1H proton frequency of 900 MHz or above. Other high-field 700, 800 and 850 MHz orders are not included in the UHF definition. The recent UHF NMR orders include three 900 and 950 MHz systems from Brazil, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, with revenue typically within 18 months from order.
*The Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) in Brazil is expanding its existing structural biology facility with the addition of a 900 MHz NMR spectrometer," Professor Fabio Almeida of UFRJ said. "As one of the leading universities in South America, the new 900 MHz system will be available as a regional resource for research in protein structure and dynamics, protein folding and structure of nucleic acids.
"Having a 900 MHz will have a strong impact on the development of NMR and structural biology in Brazil and Latin America. It will offer us advantages and capabilities over other techniques in tackling important biological and technological problems."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bruker Corporation ?
Next time we write about Bruker Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- South America emerges as prime expansion target for Calgary oil and gas firms
- Abraaj acquisition by Colony Capital expected to close this quarter
- Argentine companies try to avoid layoffs as they seek ways to cut costs
- China's now investing $18 billion annually in Latin America
- Awards celebrate Latin America’s most outstanding EdTech startups
- One-third of Mexico's small businesses report being victims of crime
- Carrizosa family continues to fight injustice from Granahorrar bank seizure 20 years ago
- Son of Granahorrar's "architect" opens up about father's life
- Citigroup's Latin American strategy nets rewards entering 2019
- Industrial mining services provider Metso to acquire HighService Service