IDT Corp., a provider of international telephony and payment services under the flagship Boss Revolution, said Wednesday that it has reached an agreement with Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Cuba (ETECSA) to provide international airtime top-up service.
Boss Revolution's airtime top-up to Cuba will be the first offered directly by a U.S.-based telecommunications company.
Customers can purchase airtime credit with U.S. dollars for any Cubacel customer from Boss Revolution retailers, online or through the company's app. Airtime credits can be used for domestic and international calling.
Previously, IDT and other U.S.-based providers resold international top-up services offered by providers based outside of the U.S.
"Boss Revolution customers can now transfer value to friends and family in Cuba directly through Boss Revolution, rather than relying on a third party to provide the underlying service," IDT Telecom Chief Executive Officer Bill Pereira said. "Looking ahead, we expect to partner with ETECSA to develop additional, innovative offerings serving the Cuban-American community."
In March 2015, IDT became the first U.S. based telecommunications company to terminate international long distance voice calls directly with ETECSA. Since then, IDT has experienced a significant increase in call volume and improved call quality on the U.S.-Cuba route.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about IDT Corporation ?
Next time we write about IDT Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar