Delta Air Lines has received two important customer service distinctions by Latin Trade's Best of Travel Annual Awards 2015: Best Food and Beverages on board Delta One and Best Self-Check-In for customers.
Delta also is the runner-up in Best In-Flight Technology, Best Airline App and Best Cargo Network.
The magazine recognized Delta's focus on offering customers a thoughtful food and wine program. The Delta One menu, created by chef Michelle Bernstein, is inspired by the seasonal flavors and her Latin American roots.
The publication also highlighted the resources offered for self check-in, which can be done via its website, mobile app or at airport kiosks.
Delta, the second-largest U.S. airline in Latin America and the Caribbean, was the only U.S. airline to be recognized in 2014 with two awards by Latin Trade -- Most Improvement Overall and Best Partnerships and Alliances.
Those awards reflected Delta's customer experience enhancements and strengthened partnerships with regional airlines GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes, Aeromexico and Aerolineas Argentinas.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Delta Air Lines, Inc. ?
Next time we write about Delta Air Lines, Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference