The Latin Trade Group recently announced that Antonio Sergio Alfano, the chief financial officer of Klabin in Brazil, has been deemed the chief financial officer of the year for 2015.
The award was presented to Alfano during Latin Trade's CFO Forum, sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch and held at the Tivoli Sao Paulo Hotel - Mofarrej, in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Alfano has been CFO of Klabin since 2003 and has been with the company since 1974. He has held posts that include executive director of planning and control and executive strategic resources. He will add another accomplishment to his long-standing career with the firm will when the company opens a new $2.29-billion plant in Parana, in southern Brazil.
"The award marked the outcome of the completion of this new $2.29-billion plant project that we had been dreaming about since 2003 and that will become a reality by the end of next March,” Alfano said during his acceptance speech. “The planted area had to increase by 110,000 hectares to be able to supply the plant. It was a project that required a lot of determination and discipline to be completed.”
Alfano’s other accomplishments include successfully driving Klabin's finances with a sound and agile strategy, making good use of the company's assets and posting a strong 24-percent EBITDA growth.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Tivoli Sao Paulo Hotel - Mofarrej ?
Next time we write about Tivoli Sao Paulo Hotel - Mofarrej, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar