CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V. on Thursday announced it awarded the ecoperating Plus certification to Torre Cosmopolitan, a sustainable and innovative commercial building, located in Tijuana, Baja California, México.
"We are pleased to certify the sustainable qualities of Torre Cosmopolitan,”
Director of Sustainability Vicente Saiso said. "The ecoperating Plus certification is an example of CEMEX leadership in developing products, services and solutions that contribute to a more sustainable construction industry, while promoting social and economic development."
Torre Cosmopolitan is a regenerative that combines bioclimatic design, urban planning, innovative construction techniques and materials, and advanced engineering to be a landmark sustainable building in the region.
Torre Cosmopolitan has various features that allow it to be more efficient in water and energy consumption, including:
• 21 percent decrease in energy consumption
• 49 percent saving in water consumption
• Using materials of high solar reflectivity to reduce "heat island" effect
• Gray water reuse
• Rainwater harvesting
• Native vegetation
• Use of solar panels
• 85 percent LED lighting
• Monitoring systems for water and energy consumption
• More than 75 percent of residual materials were recycled during construction
"Torre Cosmopolitan was conceived and developed with the goal of incorporating environmental, social and economic objectives, implemented from design, planning, construction phases, to operation and maintenance,"
David Saul Guakil said. "Torre Cosmopolitan is a regenerative project in the heart of the city of Tijuana with the aim of being a benchmark for green building in the region."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Cemex Venezuela, Saca. (Ant.Vencemos) ?
Next time we write about Cemex Venezuela, Saca. (Ant.Vencemos), we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Carrizosa family continues to fight injustice from Granahorrar bank seizure 20 years ago
- Son of Granahorrar's "architect" opens up about father's life
- Citigroup's Latin American strategy nets rewards entering 2019
- Industrial mining services provider Metso to acquire HighService Service
- Duque belives science and technology will create positive economic path for Colombia
- Paraguay tells investors its economy is more stable than regional neighbors
- Forbes Magazine lists South America’s 10 Most Customer-Focused Companies
- Report details projections for The Carbon Nanomaterials Market in South America
- Latin America's venture capital investment booms in 2018
- China's president visits Panama to strengthen fledgling alliance