CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V. on Thursday announced it awarded the ecoperating Plus certification to Torre Cosmopolitan, a sustainable and innovative commercial building, located in Tijuana, Baja California, México.
"We are pleased to certify the sustainable qualities of Torre Cosmopolitan,”
Director of Sustainability Vicente Saiso said. "The ecoperating Plus certification is an example of CEMEX leadership in developing products, services and solutions that contribute to a more sustainable construction industry, while promoting social and economic development."
Torre Cosmopolitan is a regenerative that combines bioclimatic design, urban planning, innovative construction techniques and materials, and advanced engineering to be a landmark sustainable building in the region.
Torre Cosmopolitan has various features that allow it to be more efficient in water and energy consumption, including:
• 21 percent decrease in energy consumption
• 49 percent saving in water consumption
• Using materials of high solar reflectivity to reduce "heat island" effect
• Gray water reuse
• Rainwater harvesting
• Native vegetation
• Use of solar panels
• 85 percent LED lighting
• Monitoring systems for water and energy consumption
• More than 75 percent of residual materials were recycled during construction
"Torre Cosmopolitan was conceived and developed with the goal of incorporating environmental, social and economic objectives, implemented from design, planning, construction phases, to operation and maintenance,"
David Saul Guakil said. "Torre Cosmopolitan is a regenerative project in the heart of the city of Tijuana with the aim of being a benchmark for green building in the region."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Cemex Venezuela, Saca. (Ant.Vencemos) ?
Next time we write about Cemex Venezuela, Saca. (Ant.Vencemos), we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UATP: Partners With EBANX To Address Growing Latin American Market Payment Needs
- DUNKIN' BRANDS: Announces Francisco "Pancho" Gonzalez As New Regional Vice President, Latin America & Caribbean
- BLADEX: Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A. (NYSE: BLX) cordially invites you to participate in its Third Quarter 2019 Earnings Conference Call
- FITBIT: Launches in Peru
- LATINFINANCE: Appoints Daniel Bases as Managing Editor
- HEMP TECHNOLOGY INC.: Ramps Up its Operations in Latin America
- REVELO: Raises $15m Series B to help companies source and screen knowledge workers in LatAm
- CALA ENTERPRISES: Singer/Songwriter Erika Ender receives Philanthropy Award from the Ismael Cala Foundation
- CAYE INTERNATIONAL BANK: Chaired by Joel Nagel Named Best Offshore Private Bank in Latin America for 2019
- AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES To Expand Presence in Latin America By Acquiring Exceda