Competition lawyer Miguel Flores Bernés recently joined the Mexico City office of Greenberg Traurig, LLP as a shareholder in the Antitrust, Telecommunications and Competition Practice Group.
Bernés is a former commissioner of the Mexican Federal Competition Commission.
“We are delighted that Miguel has joined Greenberg Traurig," José Raz Guzmán, managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig’s Mexico City office, said. “As a former commissioner of the Federal Competition Commission, Miguel has been at the forefront of Mexico’s constitutional reforms related to competition. His vast experience handling all aspects of competition enforcement and regulation matters, as well as antitrust issues, will strengthen the depth of our firm’s competition capabilities in Mexico and across our global network.”
Bernés has experience with the full range of Mexican and multinational competition law, including merger control, market dominance, cartel conduct, investigations, sector inquiries, compliance and regulatory matters. He also has widespread experience in the telecommunications and broadcasting industries.
He is chair of the Mexican Bar Association’s Anti-Trust/Competition law section and serves as vice-president of the Mexican Competition Committee for the International Chamber of Commerce.
“Miguel is an exceptionally talented lawyer with a long track record of working at the highest levels to improve the regulatory framework in Mexico,” Juan Manuel González Bernal, a shareholder in the Mexico City office, said. “His arrival promises to provide our clients unsurpassed insights about the regulatory environment in which they operate.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Greenberg Traurig, LLP ?
Next time we write about Greenberg Traurig, LLP, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar