Due to an agreement between the American grill and sushi bar and Entretenimiento Roma S.A. de C.V., Kona Grill will open six new locations in Mexico.
The openings will be staggered over the next seven years, located in Mexico City and Monterrey.
Berke Bakay, president and CEO, expressed excitement for another growth opportunity and looks forward to the international expansion, made possible by partnering with Grupo Roma. This will be the first time Kona Grill has entered into the franchise arena. Because the eatery’s menu offers such a wide variety of items that differ from local cuisine found in Mexico, expectations are for great success that will lead to further chances for growth.
Kona Grill CEO Jose Montes said that the contemporary design and expertise in the local marketplace will be the main concept that helps the restaurant rise above the rest. Known for award-winning sushi, specialty cocktails and excellent customer service, the Kona Grill empire currently consists of 37 locations across 19 states and Puerto Rico.
Grupo Roma, founded in 1971, has developed residential, infrastructure, retail, industrial and institutional projects -- with 27 separate entities under its umbrella -- spread through 10 cities in Mexico, as well as Texas.
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar