JetBlue Airways said last week that it will be offering more flights to Mexico in the wake of a recent treaty between the U.S. and Mexico that will allow air carriers to have unlimited flights between the neighboring countries beginning Jan. 1.
JetBlue said new aviation treaty will allow the low-cost carrier to expand its service to Mexico, where it has been offering flights to Mexico City and Cancun
"On behalf of JetBlue's 18,000 crew members, I applaud the U.S. government for its diligence in securing a forward-thinking aviation treaty with Mexico," JetBlue President and CEO Robin Hayes said. "Across the globe, the U.S.-led liberalization of the skies has proven to increase travel options for consumers, grow jobs and strengthen economies. JetBlue is delighted with this development which will put our airline a step closer to being able to increase service to Mexico. We look forward to working with (the U.S. Department of Transportation) to remove the remaining barriers to entry that smaller carriers like JetBlue continue to face when expanding."
The flight agreement will allow for unlimited flights between the two countries and improved pricing and intermodal rights.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about JetBlue Airways ?
Next time we write about JetBlue Airways, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders