Power electronics provider AEG Power Solutions will power Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Offshore Co., Ltd.'s (DSIOC) new deepwater drilling rig in Brazil's Santos basin after being granted a supply contract Oct. 22.
“The design of the solutions was a key factor in the decision of Dalian Shipbuilding to grant us this project,” China Managing Director at AEG Power Solutions Ever Guo said. “Our experience in engineering power supply for offshore platform was our strength, as well as the high reliability and the ruggedness of our products."
The design is a customized modification of AEG's Protect 8 industrial uninterrupted power supply. AEG said the unit is the most reliable of its kind and is unique because of its adaptability and modular structure.
For this particular drilling project, the power supply had to be customized to stand up to the conditions of drilling for oil deposits buried beneath thick layers of salt, which can be especially corrosive to equipment. It also needed to function at drilling depths more than 7,800 feet.
The power supply will be delivered in January.
AEG supplies industrial power products to companies around the world. The company pulls inspiration from AC and DC modes as well as conventional and renewable energy designs to create hybrids that meet specific needs.
This supply contract is the company's third with DSIOC.
Organizations in this story
AEG Power Solutions Emil-Siepmann-Straße 32 Warstein, NRW D-59581
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices