U.S.-based digital remittance company Remitly recently expanded its mobile money transfer service into Mexico.
The United States to Mexico is the largest international money corridor in the world, with more than $24 billion transferred annually. Remitly's network includes most major banks and more than 11,000 cash pickup locations in Mexico.
"We've built the best mobile product in the world for money transfers," Matt Oppenheimer, Remitly CEO, said. "We've strategically focused on the world's largest remittance corridors first, and are excited to bring our mobile app and advanced fraud detection system to people sending money home to Mexico."
This expansion allows customers to send money at cheaper rates using Remitly's secure network.
In September, Remitly customers sent more than $500 million annually, with the company recently processing its one millionth money transfer transaction.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Remitly ?
Next time we write about Remitly, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders