Chambers Latin America ranked Akerman LLP, a leading U.S. law firm, one of the top four law firms within Cuba Thursday.
The ranking was included in the Cuba: Corporate/Commercial category, which is for law firms that are established abroad, making Akerman the sole U.S. law firm to gain this honor.
Akerman’s public policy advisors and lawyers are known for handling complicated Cuba-related issues by using relationships with policymakers who are located in Cuba as well as the United States.
In addition to the ranking distinction, Akerman Cuba Chair Augusto Maxwell was also chosen as the top lawyer for the Cuba Corporate/Commercial law category. Maxwell is the only U.S.-based lawyer to earn this honor.
"[The] respected Cuban practice group of this U.S.-based corporate powerhouse benefits from a decade of experience in the local market,” the 2016 edition of Chambers Latin America said. “What distinguishes Akerman from other U.S. law firms is that they have very strong Cuban relationships. They are highly professional and know the law, but they are also good, pragmatic business lawyers."
CNN Money has also recognized Akerman as “Corporate America’s Go-To” law firm when doing business in Cuba.
Organizations in this story
Akerman LLP 71 S Wacker Dr Chicago, IL - 60606
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar