Automotive driveline components and systems supplier GKN Driveline celebrated the opening of its new facility in Villagra, Mexico, Thursday.
Attended by GKN Driveline Chief Executive Phil Swash, GKN PLC Chief Executive Nigel Stein and the GKN Board, the company's expansion represents a $17.5 million (USD) investment.
The 12,000 square-metre site is expected to be completed in April 2016 and will service Mexico's automotive sector by producing 1 million prop-shafts every year as well as offering a painting line and Constant Velocity Joint machining facilities. The company will attend brands such as Audi, BMW, FCA, Ford, Honda, Mazda, Nissan and Volkswagen.
"As the global leader in driveline technology, GKN is addressing the key requirements of OEMs and their customers," GKN Driveline Americas President Robert Willig said. "Half the world's cars are driven by GKN technology and we work with over 90 percent of the world's automotive manufacturers."
GKN Driveline's all wheel drive technology is already being used in cars, such as Jeep Renegade, Range Rover Evoque and the all-new Volvo XC90.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about GKN Driveline ?
Next time we write about GKN Driveline, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar