Jubilant DraxImage Inc. today announced the delivery of the first commercial shipment of HICON Sodium Iodine I-131 Solution USP to Bogota, Colombia.
“We are very pleased to enter this important South American market with HICON and Smart-Fill and look forward to expanding in other areas of the region in the future,” DraxImage President Martyn Coombs said. “More importantly, we are especially proud to bring these essential treatment options to patients in Colombia.”
HICON Sodium Iodine I-131 Solution is indicated for the treatment of thyroid diseases including hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer. Patients in Colombia who have thyroid conditions are now able to receive INVIMA-approved Radioiodine therapy.
There are nealry 2,500 newly diagnosed cases of thyroid cancer every year in Colombia, mainly affecting women between 25 and 65 years of age.
“This marks a significant milestone for the company as we begin to expand the geographic reach of this important thyroid ablation therapy to physicians and their patients in South America,” Coombs said.
Jubilant DraxImage is the foremost manufacturer and supplier of I-131 in North America and the only FDA-approved I-131 wholesale solution that permits individualized therapeutic, patient-specific doses.
Organizations in this story
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices