Jubilant DraxImage Inc. today announced the delivery of the first commercial shipment of HICON Sodium Iodine I-131 Solution USP to Bogota, Colombia.
“We are very pleased to enter this important South American market with HICON and Smart-Fill and look forward to expanding in other areas of the region in the future,” DraxImage President Martyn Coombs said. “More importantly, we are especially proud to bring these essential treatment options to patients in Colombia.”
HICON Sodium Iodine I-131 Solution is indicated for the treatment of thyroid diseases including hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer. Patients in Colombia who have thyroid conditions are now able to receive INVIMA-approved Radioiodine therapy.
There are nealry 2,500 newly diagnosed cases of thyroid cancer every year in Colombia, mainly affecting women between 25 and 65 years of age.
“This marks a significant milestone for the company as we begin to expand the geographic reach of this important thyroid ablation therapy to physicians and their patients in South America,” Coombs said.
Jubilant DraxImage is the foremost manufacturer and supplier of I-131 in North America and the only FDA-approved I-131 wholesale solution that permits individualized therapeutic, patient-specific doses.
Organizations in this story
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar