Juan Carlos Varela, president of Panama, recently announced that the country will make a $1 billion (USD) investment on a 500 MW of utility-scale solar-energy and a $50 million world-class solar and environmental research center, which will be designed to focus on various research studies regarding photovoltaic (PV) innovation and environmental sciences.
The announcement was made during the 70th United Nations General Assembly in New York, SkyPower. The constructions will be done in association with universities and research institutions.
During the event, Skypower also announced that, during ten years, 25 students
from Panama will be granted with scholarships on the fields of solar energy and environmental sustainability.
"SkyPower invests in countries that uphold environmental sustainability and preservation while advancing their economies and industries,” SkyPower President and CEO Kerry Adler said. “The future of Panama looks bright, as the leadership of Panama is clearly focused on the need for clean renewable energy and has embraced solar as a cost-effective means of addressing Panama's energy needs today, and as a critical part of its generation mix for its bright future.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about SkyPower Global ?
Next time we write about SkyPower Global, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference