DishLatino was recognized as Top Marketer to Hispanic Audiences at the Portada Hispanic Advertising and Media Awards held this month in New York.
The media awards recognize companies that have performed significant work for Hispanic marketing. DishLatino's 2014 marketing campaign presented four videos that described a central character's move from Mexico to the United States: “aeropuerto,” “taqueria,” “instalación” and -- the most famous -- “epic split” with Jean-Claud Van Damme.
DishLatino also introduced Eugenio Derbez as an actor, writer, producer and director in 2014. The campaign was developed with the support from Havas Worldwide Chicago and Miami-based Marca.
“We are committed to delivering the best entertainment experience to Hispanic consumers living in the U.S. and our marketing is designed to connect with this audience in a way that is both relevant and entertaining,”
DishLATINO Vice President Alfredo Rodriguez said. “We are honored to be recognized by Portada for our work to engage this important, growing audience.”
Organizations in this story
DISH Network 200 Cross Roads Blvd Newport, KY 41076
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico