Sky Solar Holdings and Hudson Clean Energy Partners have recently established an association that aims to fund solar projects in both Latin America and Japan, with a total capital commitment from Hudson Clean Energy of up to $100 million; as part of the agreement, both companies are committed to invest on suitable renewable assets across the United States.
Chile and Uruguay will receive an investment of $50 million from Sky Solar or the construction of approximately 128 megawatts of solar project. The company will receive 49 percent minority equity stake in the projects upon their completion. A $50 million investment in Japan from Hudson is still waiting for approval.
"We are delighted to be working with a leading specialized private equity and infrastructure fund to develop shovel-ready projects in our key markets," said Sanjay Shrestha, chief investment officer of Sky Solar and president of Sky Capital Americas. "In addition to the near-term capital investment, we believe Sky Solar will benefit from Hudson's long tenure as an investor in the renewable energy sector and unmatched industry experience in this strategic partnership."
Organizations in this story
Hudson Clean Energy 400 Frank W. Burr Boulevard, Suite 37 Teaneck, NJ 07666 ,
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices