Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) recently announced a five-year, $2.1 billion co-investment vehicle for infrastructure projects in Mexico through an association with CKD Infraestructura México.
The agreement comes as Mexico is experiencing solid economic growth and the government is expect to invest $4.5 billion in infrastructure investments. For both companies, the new platform represents an opportunity to engage in this modernization.
The project will offer a range of investment opportunities in sectors such as energy, distribution, transmission and transport.
CDPQ and CKD will commit $1.1 billion and $1 billion, respectively. The Canadian company will hold a 51 percent interest in the co-investment vehicle, while CKD will hold 49 percent. Current shareholders of CKD are Mexican pension fund managers (Afores) XXI Banorte, SURA, Banamex, Pensionissste and infrastructure fund Fonadin.
"When we look around the world, especially in the infrastructure sector, Mexico stands out as an exceptional country to invest in,"
CDPQ President and CEO Michael Sabia said. "Given the scope of the opportunities in this sector, we are pleased to join forces with leading Mexican institutional investors. By combining their in-depth knowledge of the market and local networks with our infrastructure expertise, we are creating an innovative investment platform that is ideally positioned to find and invest in the best Mexican infrastructure projects."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec ?
Next time we write about Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders