A Peruvian delegation including public and private sector representatives met with with Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) representatives in New York City this week to discuss the proposed reclassification of Peru from an "emerging" to "frontier" market.
During the meeting, MSCI highlighted the successful economic performance and reforms carried out by Peru in the last 20 years and took note of recent efforts conducted by the government and the Lima Stock Exchange to increase liquidity recently.
The significance of the "Mercado Integrado Latino Americano" and the Pacific Alliance was also highlighted during the meeting as a positive contribution to the investment options within and outside the region.
The meeting was attended by a delegation led by Minister of Economics and Finance Alonso Segura; Modesto Julca, president of the Economic Committee of Congress; Lilian Rocca, chairperson of the Capital Markets Superintendency; Renzo Rossini, general manager of the Central Reserve Bank of Peru; Christian Laub, chairman of the Lima Stock Exchange; Francis Stenning, chairman of Cavali; Jose Antonio Blanco, chairman of InPeru; Paulo Comitre,cChairman of Procapitales; Carlos Gonzalez-Taboada, vice chairman of the Association of Pension Fund Administrators of Peru; and Diego Castro, securities country manager for Peru Citi Markets and Securities Services.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bolsa de Valores de Lima ?
Next time we write about Bolsa de Valores de Lima, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference