Cordoba Minerals Corp. announced Thursday that Ignacio Rosado and Beatriz Uribe have been appointed to its board of directors.
"We are delighted to have both Ignacio Rosado and Beatriz Uribe join our board," Cordoba CEO Mario Stifano said. "They bring a wealth of experience in developing and operating mines throughout Latin America including Colombia. Their extensive leadership experience and mining knowledge will be an extremely valuable asset as we look to advance our San Matias Copper Gold Porphyry Project in Colombia."
Rosado is the chief executive officer of Volcan Compania Minera, one of the world's largest producers of silver, zinc and lead. Its shares are publicly traded on the Peruvian stock exchange. He is the former chief financial officer of Hochschild Mining, leading the company's $500 million U.S. initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange in 2006.
Uribe is the former CEO of Mineros, Colombia's publicly traded gold mining company. The company has operations in the department of Antioquia, Colombia, as well as in Nicaragua.
Cordoba also announced the resignation of its Chairman of the Board and Director
Ari Sussman. Sussman will now focus on developing Continental Gold's, Inc.'s Buritica Project.
Organizations in this story
Cordoba Minerals 181 University Ave, Suite 1413 Toronto, ON Canada M5H 3M7
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar