Aviagen Group, the world's largest poultry genetics company, said Wednesday it is celebrating 30 years of its local operating base in Latin America.
During this period, "Aviagen brought to the region the concepts of conformation in broilers, meat yield, effective biosecurity protocols, and others that have directly contributed to the development of the industry, improving profitability of the poultry industry and increasing the supply of chicken meat, making Latin American countries especially attractive for the production and export,"
Aviagen Latin America President Ivan Lauandos said.
For three decades, the firm has supplied stock for the Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia markets. Other countries in Latin America continue to be supplied with grandparent and parent stock from Aviagen operations in the United States and United Kingdom.
In 2007, Aviagen acquired the rest of Agroceres poultry business, creating Aviagen do Brazil. In 2010, the company extended its territory throughout the region and created Aviagen Latin America, taking over commercial and customer services for the whole continent. The company has administrative and sales offices in Campinas, Brazil, and Santiago, Chile, and several farms, hatcheries, feed mills and laboratoris in Brazil.
Currently, the Latin American operation supplies 100 percent of the breeding stock to customers in South America. Because of logistical advantages, Aviagen operations in the U.S. provide breeding stock to Mexico and Central America. Brazil and the U.S. facilities are just two of the Aviagen global production bases, which also include bases in Europe, Turkey, India and Australia/New Zealand.
Organizations in this story
Aviagen 920 Explorer Boulevard Northwest Huntsville, AL - 35806
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar