Two Brazilian facilities under Halliburton, one in Rio de Janeiro and the other in Macae, and another nine of Halliburton’s lines based there have earned the American Petroleum Institute (API) Specification Q2 Certification.
This certification is an advanced industry certification standard for natural gas and oil service companies.
Halliburton’s business lines -- including Production Solutions, Cementing, Baroid, Drill Bits and Services, Completion Tools, Wireline, Sperry Drilling, Perforating, Production Enhancement, Subsea, and Testing -- also earned their certifications.
“The API Spec Q2 Certification is a step change in the industry and a recognition to Halliburton’s commitment to improve operational efficiency with a flawless execution of our services,” Daniel Casale, Halliburton's country manager for Brazil, said.
These are the first facilities in Latin America to earn the certifications.
“API Spec Q2 Certification has set the standard for the oil and natural gas service providers around the globe,” Gerardo Uría, API’s acting vice president for global industry services, said. “API Spec Q2 Certified Facilities operate under a stringent quality-management system that helps minimize risks and contributes to a safer operating environment for the industry. With the recent certification of the Macaé and Rio de Janeiro facilities, Halliburton continues to be a leader in the implementation of API Spec Q2 and demonstrates its commitment to operational integrity.”
Organizations in this story
Halliburton 3000 North Sam Houston Pkwy E Houston, TX 77032
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico