Axalta Coating Systems, a supplier of liquid and powder coatings, has entered a four-year contract to supply industrial coatings and architectural building paint that will be used to restore and sustain different buildings and the locks of the Panama Canal.
Several different Axalta coating products, each formulated to meet the needs of different materials, will be used to reinvigorate the largest canal in the world and meet the needs of the many different structures in the canal zone that will be repainted during the restoration project.
Axalta’s Renzel and Galvox architectural paints will be used on the building walls and trim. Floors will be protected with the brand's Corlar and Imron Industrial coating products. Metal surfaces will be coated with Ganicin, Speedtec and Galvox, which are designed to reduce application time by being directly applied to metal and suitable for use on long-lasting, heavy-duty substrates, such as marine surfaces constantly exposed to water.
The Panama Canal has moved over a million ships throughout its history and is crossed by over 14,000 vessels per year from the mighty locks of the Miraflores to the historic gates of the Gatun.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Axalta Coating Systems ?
Next time we write about Axalta Coating Systems, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar