Red Eagle Mining Corporation on Tuesday announced the start of construction at Red Eagle Mining's 100-percent-owned, fully permitted and fully financed San Ramon Gold Mine in Antioquia, Colombia.
"Through our team's hard work, dedication and continuous engagement with all stakeholders, we have made outstanding progress," COO Bob Bell said. "Once in production, the San Ramon Gold Mine will be the largest producing gold mine in Colombia and aims to set the standards for the future of the gold mining industry in Colombia."
Construction will make headway over the next year, with production expected to begin during the second half of 2016.
Earthworks have commenced with clearing of the ground for the underground mine access and the conventional flotation/carbon-in-leach processing plant. Red Eagle Mining has awarded the bulk earthworks contract to Consorcio San Ramon Proyecto Civil, a joint venture between Gisaico S.A. and Minconstrucciones S.A., Medellin-based infrastructure engineering and construction groups.
Minconstrucciones has also finished upgrading the eight kilometer road between paved Highway 25 and the San Ramon Gold Mine.
Red Eagle Mining is a gold exploration and development corporation with an experienced mine-development team. The company aims to build shareholder value through discovering and developing gold projects with low costs and low technical risks in Colombia.
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar