For the ninth time, Fluke Corp. is one of the sponsors of WorldSkills São Paulo 2015, a global skills event that promotes and celebrates vocational education.
More than 1,200 vocational students from around the world are heading to South America to demonstrate their skills and compete head-to-head to be the best in the world at the event, which started on Tuesday and ends on Sunday,
"Fluke's sponsorship of WorldSkills reinforces the company's ongoing commitment to support vocational education," Poliana Lanari, general manager of Fluke do Brasil, said. "It is inspiring to see the level of excellence and professionalism of these young students. The WorldSkills competition encourages further investment and participation in educational initiatives. When you support education you contribute to the future of the country."
WorldSkills 2015 is being held at Anhembi Park in São Paulo, Brazil — the first event to occupy the entire 400,000-square-meter complex. This is also the first time WorldSkills will be held in South America.
WorldSkills brings together vocational students from more than 60 countries to compete in 50 skill areas. The competitors, all under the age of 22, simulate real work challenges that must be completed according to international industry standards.
Fluke will provide test tools to be used in 12 skills categories: aircraft maintenance, automobile technology, refrigeration and air conditioning, polymechanics and automation, manufacturing team challenge, CNC turning, electronics, electrical installations, industrial control, mobile robotics and two demonstration skills: mechanic and millwright and heavy equipment maintenance.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Fluke Corporation ?
Next time we write about Fluke Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference