Wyndham Hotel Group on Wednesday announced its Latin America and Caribbean portfolio registered record room growth in the second quarter of 2015.
The hotel group added 11 new properties and 1,281 rooms in the region from April to June, which represents an increase of 15 percent versus the same quarter last year.
"We are thrilled with the record growth our brands have experienced in Latin America and the Caribbean in these last few months," Paulo Pena, president and managing director for Wyndham Hotel Group in Latin America and the Caribbean, said. "This unprecedented expansion is a clear testament to the value that business and leisure travelers see in our brands. Additionally, our development throughout the region reflects the strong confidence and ongoing commitment that our local partners have in working with us to bring the quality lodging experience expected of Wyndham hotel brands to their markets and for that, we are grateful."
During the second quarter of 2015, Wyndham Hotel Group opened new hotels in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Peru -- increasing the company's system size in the region by the end of the second quarter to more than 17,000 rooms across 146 properties.
The new hotels participate in Wyndham Rewards, the loyalty program from Wyndham Hotel Group that offers members a points earning structure.
Organizations in this story
Wyndham Hotel 2544 Executive Dr Indianapolis, IN - 46241
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar