Nymity Inc., a global research company, on Monday announced the appointment of José Alejandro Bermúdez to managing director of Latin America, in order to lead Nymity's newly created business unit in the region.
"Latin America's privacy and data protection has been evolving very rapidly in the last years and there are lot of expectations on how to create effective privacy programs that address these changes,” Bermúdez said. “I am very excited to join Nymity, learn from its excellent team, and help build a specially tailored offering that can assist companies in the region in adjusting efficiently to a changing regulatory landscape."
Bermúdez, the former Colombian DPA and a Privacy and Data Protection lawyer, was instrumental in drafting the Colombian Data Protection Law in Colombia.
Bermúdez charted the path for data protection in Latin America as a member of the governmental commission appointed to draft the Colombian Data Protection and its secondary regulations. José Alejandro also helped to shape the data protection regulatory landscape in Latin America as the promoter of the Colombian Accountability Guidelines, published by the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce (SIC).
"I had the opportunity to work with José Alejandro when he was developing the Colombian Accountability Guidelines, and I know that as Nymity's new managing director for Latin America, he and his team will be excellent to further support our customers in Latin America as well as our international customers operating in Latin America," Terry McQuay, president of Nymity, said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Nymity Inc. ?
Next time we write about Nymity Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar