Nymity Inc., a global research company, on Monday announced the appointment of José Alejandro Bermúdez to managing director of Latin America, in order to lead Nymity's newly created business unit in the region.
"Latin America's privacy and data protection has been evolving very rapidly in the last years and there are lot of expectations on how to create effective privacy programs that address these changes,” Bermúdez said. “I am very excited to join Nymity, learn from its excellent team, and help build a specially tailored offering that can assist companies in the region in adjusting efficiently to a changing regulatory landscape."
Bermúdez, the former Colombian DPA and a Privacy and Data Protection lawyer, was instrumental in drafting the Colombian Data Protection Law in Colombia.
Bermúdez charted the path for data protection in Latin America as a member of the governmental commission appointed to draft the Colombian Data Protection and its secondary regulations. José Alejandro also helped to shape the data protection regulatory landscape in Latin America as the promoter of the Colombian Accountability Guidelines, published by the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce (SIC).
"I had the opportunity to work with José Alejandro when he was developing the Colombian Accountability Guidelines, and I know that as Nymity's new managing director for Latin America, he and his team will be excellent to further support our customers in Latin America as well as our international customers operating in Latin America," Terry McQuay, president of Nymity, said.
Organizations in this story
Nymity Inc. 366 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5H 4B2 ,
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices