Continental Gold Inc. on Tuesday announced the appointment of Mateo Restrepo Villegas to executive vice president, effective as of Aug. 12.
Restrepo will be based in the company's office in Medellín, Colombia.
“I am thrilled to be joining Continental as it prepares to build Colombia's largest modern underground gold mine to world-class environmental and social standards," Restrepo said. "I am excited about the opportunities the Buriticá Project brings to local communities, my home state of Antioquia and Colombia's mining industry, and I look forward to contributing to its long-term success."
Restrepo has extensive Colombian experience in mining, infrastructure, banking and government relations. Most recently, Mr. Restrepo was vice president of corporate affairs at Prodeco Group, Colombia's third-largest thermal coal producer, where he was responsible for managing the company's key relationships with the Colombian government, non-government organizations and national and local stakeholders proximal to its operations.
"I would like to personally welcome Mateo to the Continental team," President and CEO Ari Sussman said. "Mateo's background in the Colombian mining sector combined with his business acumen and understanding of the Colombian culture and business practices will be invaluable assets to the company. We are approaching an extremely critical juncture in the company's stage of development and Mateo's appointment is a welcome addition to our management team."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Continental Gold Inc ?
Next time we write about Continental Gold Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders