Ford Motor Co. Fund is expanding its Ford Driving Dreams educational tour to its first international market with a program in Panama that will teach more than 300 young teens skills to keep them in school.
“For more than 100 years, Ford Motor Co. has worked to make a better world for the communities where we do business,” Ford Motor Co. Fund and Community Services
President Jim Vella said. “The vitality and growth of every nation depends in great part on educating our young people, and we are excited to bring our innovative program for helping kids stay in school to Panama.”
Ford and Ford Fund, the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Co., launched the Ford Driving Dreams Tour in Panama last week. The tour is an education initiative delivering more than $50,000 in motivational activities, school grants and scholarships designed to prevent students from dropping out of school. Ford is collaborating on the tour with United Way Panama and the Ministry of Education of Panama.
“We are very pleased that Ford selected Panama as the first internationalMARKET to launch the Ford Driving Dreams Tour,” Carlos Staff, vice minister of education of Panama, said. “This will be a transformative experience for our students and we commend Ford for their global corporate citizenship and the impact they will make in Panama with this initiative.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ford Motor Company ?
Next time we write about Ford Motor Company, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders