International Distribution Co. (IDC) President and CEO Pedro Rodriguez will receive the 2015 International Distributor of the Year award at the annual ShowEast Convention, ShowEast announced last week.
Rodriguez, an international sales and distribution executive with more than 25 years of experience, will receive the award during the International Awards Program Oct. 13 at the Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, Florida.
“ShowEast is thrilled to honor Pedro for all he has done throughout his career as a respected and admired international distribution executive,” Andrew Sunshine, co-managing director of ShowEast, said. “He is a dedicated leader whose passion and commitment has helped distribute film throughout all of Latin America and generated an impressive record of accomplishment, including the most successful independent release of all time in Latin America. We congratulate Pedro on this richly deserved honor.”
IDC distributes theatrical feature films throughout the Latin American region and all Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment titles as well as acquisitions from outside producers and sales agents.
Rodriguez founded IDC in 2005 and is responsible for all parts of the business.
IDC’s distribution of the last two installments of the blockbuster "The Hunger Games" franchise grossed nearly $200 million in the region, and "Insurgent," the second title in the company’s "Divergent" series, grossed 75 percent more than its predecessor.
Organizations in this story
International Distribution Co 13103 Baypark Rd Pasadena, TX 77507
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela