International Distribution Co. (IDC) President and CEO Pedro Rodriguez will receive the 2015 International Distributor of the Year award at the annual ShowEast Convention, ShowEast announced last week.
Rodriguez, an international sales and distribution executive with more than 25 years of experience, will receive the award during the International Awards Program Oct. 13 at the Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, Florida.
“ShowEast is thrilled to honor Pedro for all he has done throughout his career as a respected and admired international distribution executive,” Andrew Sunshine, co-managing director of ShowEast, said. “He is a dedicated leader whose passion and commitment has helped distribute film throughout all of Latin America and generated an impressive record of accomplishment, including the most successful independent release of all time in Latin America. We congratulate Pedro on this richly deserved honor.”
IDC distributes theatrical feature films throughout the Latin American region and all Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment titles as well as acquisitions from outside producers and sales agents.
Rodriguez founded IDC in 2005 and is responsible for all parts of the business.
IDC’s distribution of the last two installments of the blockbuster "The Hunger Games" franchise grossed nearly $200 million in the region, and "Insurgent," the second title in the company’s "Divergent" series, grossed 75 percent more than its predecessor.
Organizations in this story
International Distribution Co 13103 Baypark Rd Pasadena, TX - 77507
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar