Leading figures from Latin American banking and capital markets met in London Thursday to hear the announcement that Euromoney magazine named BBVA the best bank in Latin America.
"BBVA has been strengthening in Latin America for many years and is a leading retail bank in nearly all of largest MARKETS in the region," the Euromoney release said. "The bank’s network is a very important part of the bank’s global business. Regulatory changes will drive increased competition from regional players from within Latin America – HSBC and Citi’s retail retreat from Latin America is proof of that – but BBVA has set the standard for those that wish to develop truly regional banking breadth."
Citi received the award for best investment bank in the region, and was named best investment bank in Argentina and Peru.
DCM won best regional debt house by extending its market share across nearly all debt segments.
JPMorgan was named best regional equity house.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch won best mergers and acquisition house due to the breadth of its mandates in Latin America, with the bank leading in
mergers and acquisition
HSBC won best flow house and best risk house – a reflection of the investment the bank has made in its trading platform in recent years.
BAC International Bank was named the best bank in Central America and the Caribbean.
To see a full list of award winners visit euromoney.com
Organizations in this story
BBVA Compass 1217 W 43rd St Houston, TX 77018
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico