Leading figures from Latin American banking and capital markets met in London Thursday to hear the announcement that Euromoney magazine named BBVA the best bank in Latin America.
"BBVA has been strengthening in Latin America for many years and is a leading retail bank in nearly all of largest MARKETS in the region," the Euromoney release said. "The bank’s network is a very important part of the bank’s global business. Regulatory changes will drive increased competition from regional players from within Latin America – HSBC and Citi’s retail retreat from Latin America is proof of that – but BBVA has set the standard for those that wish to develop truly regional banking breadth."
Citi received the award for best investment bank in the region, and was named best investment bank in Argentina and Peru.
DCM won best regional debt house by extending its market share across nearly all debt segments.
JPMorgan was named best regional equity house.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch won best mergers and acquisition house due to the breadth of its mandates in Latin America, with the bank leading in
mergers and acquisition
HSBC won best flow house and best risk house – a reflection of the investment the bank has made in its trading platform in recent years.
BAC International Bank was named the best bank in Central America and the Caribbean.
To see a full list of award winners visit euromoney.com
Organizations in this story
BBVA Compass 1217 W 43rd St Houston, TX - 77018
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar