Latin American shopping center developer and operator Parque Arauco S.A. recently agreed to acquire Grupo Bancolombia's remaining 45 percent equity interest in Inversions Inmobiliarias Arauco Alameda S.A.S. (IARA), a Colombian-based real estate adviser and management company.
Through its subsidiary, Parque Arauco Internacional S.A. (PAISA), the company will acquire a 22.5 percent equity interest in IARA currently held by Banca de Inversion Bancolombia S.A. and another 22.5 percent from Fondo de Capital Privado Fondo Inmobiliario Colombia.
The purchase price of $75 million includes an additional 24.75 percent ownership in Parque Arboleda, a shopping center in Pereira, Colombia; another 45 percent of Parque Caracole, a shopping center in Bucaramanga, Colombia; an additional 45 percent of Parque La Colina, a new shopping center in Bogota, Colombia scheduled to open in 2017; and 45 percent of a yet-to-be-developed plot of land in Valledupar, Colombia.
When the deal closes next month, Parque Arauco will control all of Parque Caracole, Parque La Colina and the land in Valledupar. It will own 55 percent of Parque Arboleda.
Parque Arauco already owns two regional shopping centers in Colombia as well as a large land bank. It also owns three premium outlet malls, six regional shopping centers and 11 strip centers in Chile as well as one strip center, six regional shopping centers, six neighborhood centers and one premium outlet mall in Peru.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Parque Arauco S.A. ?
Next time we write about Parque Arauco S.A., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar