Cargotec's Kalmar has received a significant order from its long-term customers, Sociedad Portuaria Region de Cartagena S.A. (SPRC) and Terminal de Contenedores de Cartagena S.A. (Contecar), in Cartagena, Colombia; the relationship between the two organizations dates back to 1997, and there exists a longstanding track record of trust and mutual reliance.
“Our main challenge over the next few years is how to manage the rapid growth while remaining focused on serving our customers during the transitions resulting from growth," Operations Manager at SPRC and Contecar Eduardo Bustamante said. "Kalmar has support us as a reliable partner consistently delivering value through quality products and support. We expect to continue to achieve improved levels of productivity at lower operating costs with Kalmar equipment. We are also considering partially automating our RTG operations, so Kalmar, being the leader in this field, was a natural choice for us."
The order includes a total of 23 rubber-tyred gantry cranes (RTGs) and 79 Kalmar Ottawa T2 terminal tractors.
“SPRC operates with one of the largest Kalmar RTG fleets globally and this agreement further demonstrates the importance of long-term partnerships where continuous support remains paramount in maintaining efficient terminal operations,” Kalmar Latin America Managing Director Dan House said. “The RTG cranes will come prepared for future remote control and semi-automation features, which will be added in the near future. We are also delighted that SPRC and Contecar chose the new generation Kalmar Ottawa T2 terminal tractor, which was introduced to the market last year. This is the largest single order for T2 in South America."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Cargotec Corp ?
Next time we write about Cargotec Corp, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference