American Airlines is adding service to Merida, Mexico, a new destination for its global network that provides more service to Mexico than any other American carrier.
New service will start March 3, 2016 to Manuel Crescencio Rejon International Airport from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
Customers may begin booking flights for this new route Sunday.
"The addition of Merida gives our customers 21 destinations in Mexico, and we'll now operate nearly 120 daily flights between our two countries," Art Torno, senior vice president of international and cargo flights, said. "American was the first international airline to fly to Mexico in 1942 and we've been one of the leading international carriers in the country ever since."
American is making more than $2 billion in improvements to give customers a better travel experience around the world. The improvements include fully lie-flat seats; international Wi-Fi; more in-flight entertainment options and power outlets; a new, modern design for Admirals Club lounges worldwide; and an upgraded assortment of complimentary healthy food, cocktails and more.
American Airlines Group is the holding company for American Airlines and US Airways. American is a founding member of the Oneworld Alliance, whose members and members-elect serve nearly 1,000 destinations with 14,250 daily flights to 150 countries.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about American Airlines ?
Next time we write about American Airlines, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference