JHL Biotech, an emerging biosimilars company in Taiwan, recently hosted a delegation of Brazilian government officials and top-ranking biotech executives who visited the company's headquarters in support of Brazil's partnership with JHL to produce affordable, world-class biosimilars.
The delegation included Antonio Werneck, president of In Vitro Brazil, Augusto Raupp, president of the Research Foundation of the State of Rio de Janeiro (FAPERJ), Joao Transmontano, CEO of Biolotus Biotech, and Tande Vieira, undersecretary of State of Science, Technology and Innovation and coordinator of the Executive Group of Life Sciences of the Industrial Complex of Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil has become an increasingly attractive target for biosimilar developers such as JHL because the government strongly supports its domestic manufacturers in working with international partners.
The delegation visited JHL's state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities, which have been expanded in the last year to include dedicated formulation and molecular cell biology laboratories.
The delegation also had the opportunity to observe GMP production activities in JHL's cGMP manufacturing plant, which earlier this year successfully released its first CMO drug substance batch in Taiwan and passed Australian inspection. The Taiwan plant complements JHL's "big brother" cGMP facility in Wuhan, China, which when completed in 2015, will be the largest mammalian manufacturing plant of its kind in China.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about JHL Biotech ?
Next time we write about JHL Biotech, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar