NII Holdings has announced a strategic alliance with Grupo Clarin in Argentina.
Grupo Clarin acquired a 49 percent equity interest in Nextel Argentina for total consideration of $178 million, of which $159 million was paid up front, with the remaining amount due within 30 days. The company still has the option to acquire the remaining 51 percent.
The net proceeds received from the transaction will be used to provide additional liquidity to support NII's operations in Brazil.
"The transaction with Grupo Clarin creates a promising path for the future of Nextel Argentina and its employees to compete effectively in the mobile market in Argentina," NII CEO Steve Shindler said. "At the same time, it is consistent with our strategy to concentrate our resources on our operations in Brazil and provides incremental capital to improve our liquidity to support our business there."
Nextel Argentina will continue to be controlled and operated by NII, pending the receipt of the necessary regulatory approvals.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about NII Holdings Inc. ?
Next time we write about NII Holdings Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar