FMC Corp. closed a definitive agreement to sell Consagro Agroquimica to Atanor do Brasil, the Brazilian subsidiary of Albaugh LLC.
The agreement encompasses FMC’s generic crop protection distribution and sales subsidiary.
"The sale of Consagro is part of our broad strategy to focus on our portfolio of valued-added products, especially with the addition of the Cheminova product line in Brazil," FMC Agricultural Solutions President Mark Douglas said. "Consagro is an ideal fit for Albaugh, which is known as a premier supplier of post-patent agrochemical products."
Terms of the agreement will remain confidential, and closing will occur after review by regulatory authorities.
FMC Corp. is a specialty company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products. The company acquired Cheminova in April.
Pro forma revenue totaled approximately $4.5 billion in 2014. FMC employs approximately 7,000 people throughout the world and operates its businesses in three segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition and FMC Lithium.
For more information, visit www.FMC.com.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about FMC Corporation ?
Next time we write about FMC Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar